Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Friday September 23rd is a very exciting day and one that I am personally looking forward to. Hey everyone, I'm Matt Anthony, and this season I will be taking over control of broadcasting duties for your Prince George Spruce Kings.

I figured the best way to get this ball rolling is to introduce myself. I am very new to Prince George, having only been here since the start of the summer. I spent last season in Nelson, BC doing home game webcasts and play by play for the Nelson Leafs in the KIJHL. The team had a bit of an up and down year that saw them get eliminated in 7 games of the first round. Although the team didn't get to go deep into the playoffs as one would hope, the season was a huge learning curve for myself and only helped solidify my want and desire to call hockey games on a regular basis. I've also been working in Radio the past few years as an on air announcer with Mountain FM in Castlegar, The Bridge in Nelson, BC and now with 94X in Prince George. I also spent last season being around the Trail Smoke Eaters (New Spruce King Ben Matthews and Dylan Tappe's former team) as they were broadcast on the radio station that I was working for. So although I do not bring any hands on BCHL experience, I am familiar with how exciting this league is.

There are many reasons to be excited about the Spruce Kings upcoming season. One being that this is the 40th anniversary season and two being that this team has seen a bunch of new and exciting faces added to the roster. This season see's something that has never been seen before as the Spruce Kings will dress a set of twins AND triplets. The Triplets actually already have some history with the Spruce Kings as all three brothers, while playing on a line together, scored a goal in three separate ways in one game. Plus the additions of Paul DeJersey, Ben Matthews, Jesse Ursic and the fact that we will see players returning to the Spruce Kings with experience under their belts makes this season one to watch.

I look forward to a fantastic season with you and the Spruce Kings, and I can assure you, it will be an exciting one. I bring a wealth of excitement and knowledge to each broadcast, and when September 23rd hits, you will hear that. Keep a constant eye on this blog, the Spruce Kings Twitter and facebook as I will add updates and analysis through out the season, starting with pre-camp skates on Wednesday. Please don't hesitate to ask questions and give me feedback as well. I Look forward to being a part of this history making 40th anniversary season Spruce Kings fans, let's make it a memorable one

See you at the rink,
Matt Anthony

No comments: