Saturday, August 22, 2015

Returning Faces: Ryan Frtiz

     Prince George is a long ways from home for Ryan Fritz. The young defenceman is from Rochester, New York, and was originally signed last year by the Nanaimo Clippers, but then traded over to Prince George later in the season. This year he will be joining a very big, and experienced defence crew which he will fit right into with his 6'2" frame, and one year of BCHL experience.

     In an interview, Ryan talks a little about his life both on and off the ice. 

What do you think about the blueliners on the team this season?

(Photo from James Garrett Photography)
"We should be very strong on d this year we have a bunch of big strong d man that are ready to get the job done."

How do you want to contribute this season as a returning player?

"I would like to be the guy that they put out for every penalty kill and in big situations at the end of the game."


What do you think about Jake LeBrun being selected as captain?

"I think it was a great choice, he's a leader on and off the ice."

What is your favourite thing about Prince George?

"The snow, because it reminds me of home and also because I just love it."

All time, what is your favourite hockey memory?

"Winning the state championship, and then going to nationals and placing 3rd."

What is your favourite thing about New York?

"I like going home in the summer and relaxing at my cottage and being on the water."


Outside of hockey, what did you get up to this offseason?

 "Just spent time with family and friends at my cottage and had a great summer."

What is your favourite kind of music? Favourite song?

"I like all kinds of music, but my favorite song would have to be glory by lil Wayne it gets me pumped up"


Who is your favourite NHL team and why?

"Buffalo Sabres and just because my dad loves them, and I grew up going to their games."

No comments: