Monday, June 1, 2015

The New Guy in Town

Hey it's Ryan Lepper here! The new Broadcaster and Communications Director of the Prince George Spruce Kings! I'm from down in Coquitlam (as you may know from the Express BCHL team) and I'm lucky enough to be calling play by play for the Spruce Kings this season! 

Last year I called games for the Port Moody Panthers of the Pacific Junior Hockey League, and I'm hoping that this season won't bring a sophomore slump for myself. The picture I attached below is probably the best way to describe myself. The Canucks hat shows my love for hockey, the Luke Bryan shirt displays my country boy side, and of course being behind the mic is where I feel at home.

 I just graduated from the Radio Arts and Entertainment program, so this job is my start into hopefully a very bright media career. In February I was in Prince George for the Canada Winter Games doing coverage with ViaSport, and as I was leaving I thought "Wow, Prince George would really be an amazing place to start my career." It's funny how things work out, and I really couldn't be more happy to be here! Play by play is one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever done, and it's tough to call it work because even though there is a lot of effort put in pre and post game, the real action comes while calling the game, and that's just plain fun!

This blog hasn't been used for a little while, but I'm hoping to bring it back, and show off the Spruce Kings this season! I'm aiming to do as many game recaps, and feature stories throughout the season as possible. If there if anything else you want to see let me know, because this blog is for the fans! 


No comments: